Wednesday, October 12, 2011

all things new

And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
- Revelation 21:5

Oh, how I've needed these words today. 

All things new.  Jesus upholding and working and making the messes and broken "all better".  

Jesus not far off.  Never distant.

My saviour reigning and ruling in the mess and mire of here.

Bringing healing to the broken; in spirit and in body.

Restoring the years of the locust.  Taking what's been stolen, lost, destroyed and buying it back.  Making it whole and complete.

Redeeming

Reclaiming

Salvaging

Saving

Transforming

Fixing

Making whole

Renewing

Fashioning into His righteousness

God tells us he wastes nothing, and in that I take such heart.  

Because today?  Today I keep thinking of a one loved who has walked these past weeks a road so barren and broken my heart falls to its knees and there are only the groans of pain for her.

And it was, none of it, her fault.  Sweet, innocent, perfect girl.

For the one looking in fear at what the days bring, and wondering how it can ever end or be better, I speak the strong, true hope of God.

Life is not for naught.  Even when I dearly sometimes just wish we would all be beamed up, taken away, removed from how hard life can be.

Yet that's not the plan.  Now matters.  What we do here is part of the Kingdom plan, and as much as I yearn for another Day, I also know the beam me up mentality is not how to see the world if I truly and really know and trust and believe my Lord.

Taking the land.  Making His Kingdom come.  God at work, in me and in you and in the broken, messy, awful, wretchedness of here.

So this, my friends, is what is true:
"I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." - John 16:33


I find such comfort in that.  That Jesus knows.  He knows.  For real He knows.  


My dismay, my horror, my moans of sadness and despair?  They matter to him and are not dismissed, nor are they for nothing.


And as we heard in church on Sunday, may the moments when our hearts ache and we just "can't stands no more" as Popeye said, be the moments we are driven to the Lord, and driven to do something.  


So may my fervent groaning prayers , my stakes in the ground, and God's mighty hand that moves always and is never weary or tired or surprised by the load, be part of what carries the two.  The ones I love who have heavy loads they bear.  They have a burden-bearer.  And He carries us, not just our loads. 


Thanks be to God, who indeed makes all things new.   


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  - Matthew 11:28



No comments: