Wednesday, April 11, 2012

eyes open

I read often a blog that stirs my heart and stretches me.  I've learned so very much from Adeye.  During our journey to our Emma Kate, her posts often confirmed what I was needing to think, and wanting to feel.

About a month ago she wrote a post about children in an orphanage called Pleven.  It was one of those times I didn't want to read what I'd read.  Didn't want to because once God opens our eyes we are accountable.  It was ugly.  The ugliest of the ugly how these children are kept.  Fallen world.  Wretched, sinful man.  And I mean that as a corporate condemnation of all of us.  Even those of us learning to live with our eyes wide open.

"...once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12



Please head over and read this post from Adeye this morning, and consider being part of God's rescue.  
Super simple to help.  And by help I mean really and truly help.  Any small amount.  We did.  


Here is the link:
http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2012/04/because-this-life-matters.html


And here is Faith:



She's 14.  She weighs 14 pounds.  She's never known love.
And soon she will.


Faith Salem, she will be.  I'll bet no one has guessed all these years they've been housing a princess?  A daughter not only of the King, but also a daughter of a family who will love her big and long and always.  She is already treasured, precious, wanted, needed, sought after, longed for, prayed over, and beloved.  


Faith Salem, I can't wait to see you home.

No comments: